Saturday, October 10, 2009

Hillbilly Housewife

After almost two weeks of not feeling good... I woke up feeling great and with lots of energy! It's chilly and cloudy today.

The perfect setting to be domestic.

Did you know there is a canned pumpkin shortage this year?
So I made my own!

Then I made a batch of granola.
Charles' favorite.

I planned on grinding oat groats and wheat,
but my grinder jammed after the oat groats. Bummer!
This is Robert and Shea NOT helping.

The pumpkin being smooshed up...

Baked pumpkin seeds....

The fruits of my labors...
rolls (with ground oat groats - of course!)

pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.


pumpkin cream cheese bread - very yummy!

yes - I'm tired. and full.

5 comments:

Texas Dimons said...

Totally impressed! I am lucky to make one of those in a month!!

Anonymous said...

you go girl! glad you are feeling better. :)

Patty said...

Hi,

I found your blog, sometime back, I believe through another blog about quilting. We are sort of neighbors; I live East of Lubbock in the Acuff area. I too enjoy frugal shopping and using coupons; it’s so addicting!

Your bread rolls pictured on your Saturday posting look so amazing, simply picture perfect. I too spent the day baking; the weather was so perfect for being in the kitchen.

Law Family said...

Your rolls look beautiful! Maybe I need to have you teach me how to make them look pretty!

Kat Curtis said...

Wow! Way to go with the energy. I had no idea there was a canned pumpkin shortage - good to prepare for. I'm glad you're feeling better!

Blog Archive