Wednesday, November 3, 2010

3 states. 3 friends. 1 flat tire.


My friends Tammy & Kristi flew in on Saturday to spend a few days with their long-lost friend in Oklahoma.  Yay me!!!

Matching PJ's
Thanks, Kristi!

Our first stop was in Arkansas where the Red Ferns Grow was filmed.
maybe I'll get that from Netflix....
when I feel like a good cry.

Natural Falls, Arkansas
Perfect for a picnic
Very beautiful!


Eureka Spring, AR
Adorable little town!


We stayed two nights in Branson where it was beautiful!!
Shopping and then to see Six, a musical group.
We felt sooooo young, since the average age was 75.




Cooking not-too-hot Bi Bim Bop

When we were about 10 minutes from the airport in Oklahoma City my tire blew out.  Of course it was on a VERY busy freeway but we finally got a cab so they could make their flight.  As they hugged me goodbye I was a bit (ok... a lot) teary.  I am happy that we live here, but being left on the freeway with the toothless assistant guy was just a bit more than I really wanted at that moment.

Of course, things always seem to turn out in the end.  They made their flight, my toothless friend was very nice and quick about changing the tire and I was happy to get home to my great kids and very wonderful husband.


3 comments:

Law Family said...

Thanks for inviting us! So much fun!
By the time we got back to Salt Lake and realized the mouse that I thought had escaped from my van, was really dead in the van, we were laughing so hard we were crying. Quite the eventful trip, but so much fun!

Law Family said...

Thanks for inviting us! So much fun!
By the time we got back to Salt Lake and realized the mouse that I thought had escaped from my van, was really dead in the van, we were laughing so hard we were crying. Quite the eventful trip, but so much fun!

Anonymous said...

fun times...well except for the tire problem and the toothless guy!

Blog Archive