Friday, January 4, 2013

The haircut.

On Saturday, any of the kids over 16 had the option of doing splits with the missionaries.  Shea was pretty mad that she couldn't go - which gave this mama a warm-fuzzy.

Right before they left, I joked with one of the elders that I would pay him $20 if he could convince Braden to get his haircut when we got home.  He told the Elder Hanson that was taking Braden out and here's what happened.



Elder Hanson took Braden to see Chino, an ex-drug cartel boss (yep - you read that right).  He had owned a chain of barbershops in LA and then was told he had to sell everything and return to Mexico or go to prison for life.  He has been turning his life around and lets the missionaries talk to him about the church while he cuts their hair.

Elder Hanson and Braden shared a lesson with him while he cut Braden's hair.  They both said they felt the spirit very strongly.  Chino agreed to go to church next week and I hope he does!












Braden and Elder Hanson

No comments:

Blog Archive