Saturday, July 13, 2013

Pittsburg Lake Hike

To get to Pittsburgh Lake, you drive to on a (very narrow a times) jeep road about 7 miles.  Cross a pretty big river - we were lucky enough to catch a ride across the river with some guys on 4-wheelers.  Then you start to hike up.  And when I say up, I mean UP.

The forest service describes this trail as 1.5 miles.  If that was 1.5 miles then my mother wears army boots.  I was supposed to be at the SLC airport at 12:30 to pick up Christa Law so we were pretty rushed, but that certainly felt like more than 1.5 miles.  We almost turned back before reaching the lake, but luckily someone heading down told us we were only 3 minutes from the lake.  And what a site it was!  Probably one of the most breathtaking things I've seen on a hike.

I can't wait to go back up and stay overnight!







No comments:

Blog Archive