Monday, December 1, 2008

Pictures from Kayla!!

Kayla had a member of her ward email us a few pictures... so wonderful!


Kayla with what has to be one of the biggest leafs I've ever sean and with her companions Sister Barlow and Sister Yuri. Here's a bit from today's letter:

Washington is COLD. I am always cold, and I don't like it :( I think my feet are going to fall off before I come home, will you still love me? Oh and my nose might fall off too. (Don't worry, I'm sending her more warm stuff for Christmas!)

In our mission we have been asked to go out for about 3 hours each day and knock doors and talk to people about the gospel and invite them to come take a church tour and learn more about the gospel. This is kinda scary. Most people are pretty nice, and will let you down easy. Occasionally you get people who are pretty interested and will listen. And sometimes, you get some pretty interesting people.

So last week, we were tracting in an apartment complex and sister barlow was like, k sister sawyer and sister yura this is your door. So i knocked, and it was a guy and a girl, in their 20's......and they were kinda scarry looking, long hair, dark clothes, piercings.....so I started talking and I asked if he had a belief in Jesus Christ.....He looked straight at me and very forcefully said NO. Me and sister Yura were in shock or something, cause we couldn't say anything, then 10 seconds later, sister yura goes ".......mmmmm I like your hair." Hahahahaha......after we left sister barlow could not stop laughing, she found our reactions very humorous.

Yesterday was an amazing day at church....we had 5 of our investigators come!!! and they brought their families! This is such a happy day in the life of a missionary :). We have lots of appointments set up for this week and I'm super excited to be teaching and sharing the gospel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that darn 'wet' cold will chill you to the bone! she sounds so wonderful!

Blog Archive