$231.10
I know, I know... that's $31.10 OVER my budget.
But technically, it isn't my fault.
It's Russ Wallace's fault.
If he hadn't FORCED me to eat
some of his Shrimp Ceviche,
I wouldn't have been dreaming about it.
craving it.
needing it.
I have no self control. At least when it comes to yummy food!!
So... a quick run to United this morning to get all
the ingredients (plus some hamburger on sale)
The result:

Here's the recipe for all of you
now craving it too!!
Shrimp Ceviche
1 lb. shrimp, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
juice from 4 limes
1 cup finely chopped red onion
2 jalapenos, finely chopped
1 cup chopped cilantro
1 jicama or cucumber cut into 1/2 inch chunks (I LOVE jicama!!)
2 avocado, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
1 tsp Valantina's Mexican Hot Sauce (optional)
Mix shrimp and lime juice and refrigerate 30 minutes
Mix in onion and jalapenos. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
Add cilantro, jicama and avocado. Serve with chips.
OK... so back to my frugal challenge. It was a good month! I got 40 bags of Iams dog food for FREE. Donated some, gave some away and stored the rest for our 2 canines. Not as many deals as February, but we are still eating great and keeping the cupboards full.
All so I can...
see a whale
catch a fish
gaze at eagles.




5 comments:
I know, Jeremy said that Shrimp Ceviche was very good. Good work! I need to post about that too. I keep forgetting to take pictures, though. Thanks for all of your help with everything. :)
woo hoo! you rock!
I tried the Shrimp Ceviche. I'm not a big fan of the Jicama though. Maybe I'll try it with cucumber instead.
You inspired me bliss. I have been price matching for almost a year but I just started couponing a few weeks ago and I am saving tons. it all started with your blog.
Bliss~that is still amazing. I'm working really, really hard this month to get to $400. You inspired me. We'll see how it goes though. :) That Shrimp Ceviche is legendary~I'll have to try it! Thanks for the recipe~
Post a Comment