Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Letter and pictures from Kayla

Kayla sends us an email every week (which I forward to some of you - but if you don't get it and want to, let me know! They are wonderful!) and she also tries to send letters to each of us. All those lectures I gave her on writing home must have worked! Here is part of today's email:

Wow, It seems like this past week has lasted for like 10 years! So much has happened! So I think this email will be fairly long :) So first I'll put you all out of suspense and tell you about transfers......We got transfer calls Sat. night and me and sister Kim are staying in Lakota Creek for at least 6 more weeks! We are way super excited. the work here is going great and there are some exciting things that are going to be happening this transfer that we would be sad to miss out on. This past transfer has been a little tough, because me and sister Kim came out at the same time and were both a little worried about what the transfer would bring. You know, as a new missionary you worry that you don't know enough and that you haven't been trained enough, but I've learned that the best way to learn and to grow, is to be put in a tough situation. I have learned so much this past transfer, and my teaching abilities have grown tremendously. When we're put in tough situations, it's really our choice if we will grow from them or not.

There were plenty of times this transfer that I just wanted to give up, but by enduring and turning to the Lord when those times came, I know I am becoming more and more what my Savior knows I can be. He knows our great potential, and the only way we can reach that potential is if we go through a learning experience, usually a trial or a hard time. I'd like to quote the stripling warriors from the book of Mormon.....I don't have my scriptures with me so It's not a direct quote :).......but they said something like this, "Behold, our God is with us, and He will not suffer that we should fall" This is like my motto for this upcoming transfer. I love the stripling warriors and really look up to them, what they said is so true. God is with us, and he will not let us fall, as long as we let him help us. When someone is falling, how can someone else stop their fall if the person falling doesn't reach out? That's how it is with us and god. He will not let us fall, as long as we reach out to Him.

I really wasn't expecting to go off on that tangent....but I think it was a good one :)

Oh....GUESS WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I ate fish! and shrimp! and guess what!? I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!! I only had a little bit, but I the taste was so familiar and i really really enjoyed it :) especially the shrimp :) Man, I am so silly. It's going to take a little bit, but slowly but surely by the time I come home, I will like seafood :).

Kayla got in an accident last week.
Snowy roads and inexperienced driver.
But like Shea said, "at least they aren't dead"
My sentiments exactly!


Kayla and Sister Kim
"Yummy chicken from Walmart.
Shopping makes us hungry:)"


"Jelly Belly's!
Who knew two sister missionaries
could have so much fun trying to mix
Jelly beans and make cool flavors :)"

No comments:

Blog Archive