Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Going to Scout Camp. With my mom. And my sister.

Braden left for scout camp on Monday. Shea and I went up on Tuesday so I could be a Merit Badge Counsellor for three badges. It was great fun!!!

This backpack is heavy!!
"I had to hike five miles with MY backpack to camp"
Enough clothes for 6 days.
"change your clothes EVERY day"
Camping paraphernalia.
"pack it good... no one will be there to help you repack to come home"
Snacks... the important stuff.
"eat healthy. drink water. take showers."
In all the instructions I gave Braden,
I forgot to tell him to NOT drop his glasses in the lake.
OOPS!
During the canoeing merit badge on Monday, Braden handed his glasses to his leaders because he and his partner had to capsize their boat and then right it again. But in doing that, they accidentally capsized their leaders boat and the glasses sunk to the bottom of the lake. My only real regret.... that I wasn't there to see it happen :)
After I taught my class on Tuesday, we went canoeing.
I LOVE canoeing!
I was secretly hoping to get capsized, but the boys were too nice.
Looks like we are playing chicken.

The boys spent a lot of their free time playing "Mafia"
I taught Public Speaking, Entrepreneurship and Photography
The boys were GREAT in their classes.... I was very impressed!

Shea and I slept in the back of the Yukon
after 7 years, we finally figured out how to take out the back seat!

Lazy, lazy, lazy!
I LOVE hammocks!


Shea and Emily Roper had a BLAST playing in the creek.
five times in less than 24 hours


1 comment:

Grandma Zee said...

Braden....camp looks like sooo much fun. Maybe some year I can be the camp nurse...that would be a fun job. I have done it for girls camp.
See you in two weeks. Grandma Z

Blog Archive