Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Frugal Challenge - February 2010

I never had an actual "piggy" bank.
What kind of childhood was that!!!
I think I need therapy.

February seemed to last quite a while... probably because I was laid up for much of it :) But Spring is coming and life is good!!

THE NUMBERS

Grocery budget: $297.10 The fun part of raising my budget from $200 (how on earth did I do that for 7 months???) up to $300 is that I usually have a good bit left the last week and can stock up or splurge a little.

Mortgage: paid down 1.25% for a total of 92.35% to go. I wonder when this number will stop depressing me. Wish I had started years ago on this one!!!

4 comments:

Law Family said...

Someday I will be as cool as you!

Grandma Zee said...

Not having a "piggy bank" never stopped you from saving....you always had some stashed away....So don't think you qualify for therapy!!!
Love Mom

Marv Loucks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marv Loucks said...

So I was looking at your Frugal Challenge posts on your blog and I need to know how your family ate on $300 a month...Because I could definitely benefit from a food budget like that...

Blog Archive