Sunday, November 27, 2011

New bike - Small concussion

After 10 years, my old bike was wearing out and recently it only had one working gear.  So the day after Thanksgiving Greg and Robert helped me pick out a new one.  So pretty and it shifts like a hot knife through butter.  It was a chilly, but gorgeous day and we headed out for a ride.

I was having a hard time keeping my shoes clipped in.  Robert was riding next to me and I swerved into him while struggling with my shoe.  He tried to save me, but I over-corrected and we both went down.  I landed pretty hard and hit my head on the pavement.  I thought I was fine, the bruising was the only thing really bothering me so we finished up the ride.  It wasn't until the next morning when I started feeling VERY sick.  It brought back the memory of my head injury 16 years ago.  Definitely not that bad, but I think it was a slight concussion.

The best part was that my bike wasn't injured.
The worst part was that the next day was a gorgeous day to ride and I wasn't able too.  Hopefully we keep getting nice weather.



1 comment:

Grandma Zee said...

Good thing your mom will be close...looks like an in house nurse might be needed !!! The bike is quite spiffy !!

Blog Archive