I haven't shared one of Kayla's letter for a while... so here is today's. I think she is feeling a bit overwhelmed with the companionship change and not having a senior companion. But like I told her... You can do anything!
I've decided to start titling my emails according to the biggest thing that has happened that week. So the biggest thing happening this week is transfers! So.......drumroll..............I'm staying in Lakota Creek! Sister Barlow is going home and Sister Yura is being in-zone transfered, so I'll still see her a lot, which is good cause I love her! But I won't find out until 2 today who my new companion is. But I have an idea of who it will be, and if I am correct it is a sister that came out with me from korea, so I will be driving and such....wish me luck! This week has been crazy visiting people and packing, all getting ready for sister barlow to leave. She is so sad to go home. The mission means eveyrthing and more to her. I'm so grateful I have 15 more months of this, I really love being a missionary :).
We had a good lesson with Carolyn this week. We taught her the 3rd lesson, the gospel of Jesus Christ. We brought a member with us, sister gregerson, who was catholic all her life (taught sunday school and everything) and converted to the church 3 years ago, with her husband following 2 weeks later. It was wonderful, I felt the spirit so strong. I know this church is true, without a doubt. We invited Carolyn to be baptized. She knows the book of mormon is true, and alot of the things we have taught her just feel right she says. But she is concerned about her husband. He doesn't like the church and won't come or listen to our lessons. And she is hesitnat to get involved in something that creates any kind of separation between her and her husband. Just keep praying for her and her husband, Dan. I'm excited to continue teaching her, and hopefully prepare her for baptism.
Sorry I don't have any funny stories or anything this week, I'm very overwhelmed with transfers and everything going on with sister barlow leaving and such, so i'm afraid my email is going to be short again this week. But I lvoe you all!!!!! Thank you for all of your love and support and your prayers.
I want to leave my testimony of my Savior. I know that He lives. He was chosen to perform the Atonement for us so that we may return to live with our Father in Heaven on conditions that he has set. Christ suffered so much for each and everyone of us, so that He would know how we feel, and he does. I know that my Savior has felt everything that I feel. I'm so grateful for my Savior and that I can turn to him for anything and everything. I would not be able to do anything without Him. He is the way. He wants nothing but for us to be Happy. With my Savior I am happy, that Is the best way I can describe how I feel, I am happy.
Love, Kayla
9 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment