Sunday, February 1, 2009

My handsome missionary-to-be

I guess I should have started my boys in suits when they were little - Braden was completely traumatized when I told him he had to wear this suit today. Literally writhing on the floor in disgust that we would ask this of him (while wearing the suit). You would have thought we wanted him to go to church in his underwear.

When I told him looked handsome and wonderful - but he just responded with "you have to say that - you're my mother" So... I told him to sit with me in the living room and I forced him to listen while I read him the children's book titled "Mommy, Do I Have To Serve A Mission" I got this book for Braden when he was baptized (6 years ago - can you believe it!) and there is a wonderful part where the mom takes her son to buy a suit. Well... I was crying like a baby while I read. But he did stop complaining about the suit after that. Having a missionary out makes me a bit weepy at times.

And he did look so very wonderful. (must be all that great DNA)




3 comments:

Grandma Zee said...

Oh my goodness..where has my Braden gone??? this young man is all grown up and soooo handsome....I know Grandma's have to say that....but it is true...I love your suit. I bet all the girls at church are checking you out!!!
Grandma Z

Anonymous said...

Wow!! If this didn't come from your mom, I don't think I would have recognized you. Love that smile. Hope all is going well with you.
Aunt Annie

Law Family said...

Braden, you look absolutely wonderful in your suit! And I am not required to say that! Even Bryce and Tanner wear a suit to church, don't you know it is the cool thing to do!!

Blog Archive