Tuesday, October 14, 2008

To make you laugh...

They say you should keep a journal of the funny things your kids say so you will remember them. I'm pretty sure that's for when they are little - but I may just start one after today.

Kayla and I were going over her finances - she is responsible for part of the cost of her mission and then will have to pay for school expenses when she gets back to finish up her last 1 1/2 years. After going over everything, Kayla asked me if we could put the rest of her savings onto a disk.

Hmmmm. It took me two seconds to get it. Then I spent two minutes laughing before I could explain it to her. A certificate of deposit. A CD. At a bank. Not a (c)ompact (d)isk. Now, before you get worried about my first born. She is quite smart. Good grades. Even had an economics class her senior year of high school. I'm going to say the momentary lapse of smartness came from her father's side of the family.

If you don't buy that - then she must have eaten paint chips in that old house in Providence.

2 comments:

Grandma Zee said...

Kayla....don't listen to your mom....maybe that is a good place for your money or bury it in can in the back yard!!!
Love you

Grandma zee

Susan said...

At the moment, I would stuff it under the mattress! : )

Blog Archive