(I know there are 2 days left.. but I am NOT going shopping!)
Total out of pocket: $193.76
This closet had NO food in it prior to January 1.Really.
And that's not all...

This cupboard had old sheets in it.
Yep... that's right,
for many months to come, we aren't going to stink,
or have cavities AND
we will have clean, tangle-free hair.
But wait! There's more....

Part of how I was able to do this was by adding
money I made from opening a total of 4 new bank accounts.
3 at ING ($25 each) and 1 at a local bank.
This is where I got the above dishes.
That's right - they gave me $50 AND bowls.
How cool is that!
These pictures do not (of course) take into account all the food we CONSUMED or that is in my upright freezer (fairly full - after being mostly empty Jan. 1) and my regular kitchen cupboards that hold ALL the other food. Andrew is also living at home and packing a lunch and my in-laws have been here for 2 weeks. It definitely helps to have a BHAG. (big-hairy-audacious-goal) Which is:

Ketchikan, Ak
Where we'll spend the summer...
Well, a month on the road and a month in AK.
Not a cheap trip.
But who'd a thunk saving money would be this much fun??
p.s. Braden told me I shouldn't put the pictures of our food on the internet because someone would want to rob us. He thinks we can eat forever on this stuff. Sure, if you like Ragu and Peanut Butter for every meal. With a little soda and cat food mixed in.

7 comments:
good for you... I spend $160 a month on food ($40 a week) - I used to spend $450 - so it can be done! :)
Bliss...great job...I am impressed...It really is exciting to save so much money and get stuff for almost or free. We can take the ragu and peanut butter and top romen on our Alaska trip.!!!!...I am getting sooooooo excited about it
Mom
wow...very impressive! you are well on your way to your camera and trip to alaska.
How funny.....you're awesome! I won't even tell you how much I spend on groceries each month : (
Bliss~I am cracking up at what Braden said. You did great~saving money is the best high!! You will be clicking away with the camera in no time~you go, girl!
Awesome! I am so proud of you!
Bliss, this is great! You did really really well for January! And you probably could make a "surprise" dish that included Good Life and Ragu..with some Peanut butter...muffins? LOL, hate to come to dinner THAT night! GREAT Job!
Warmly, Tracey C. (also from our frugal group)
Post a Comment