Tuesday, November 24, 2009

My mommy loves me! Even if she is crazy....

Every time my mom comes to visit, she says I need new dishes. I say.... "what's wrong with dollar store santa dishes??" But now that my kids are older and the chance of broken dishes is less (I hope :) I agreed that I need new dishes.

Red. Of course.

So.... the UPS man came today and delivered 7 boxes. 2 more on the way. BIG boxes. Now that's a lot of dishes. 144 to be exact. I called to ask WHY she gave me that many dishes. Well.. here is the crazy part. She only meant to send me 3 boxes but accidentally pushed the order button a few extra times. We figured this out after only a few phone calls to India. And lots of laughing. Can't wait for Mr. UPS to come pick up the extra boxes in my entryway.


I was supposed to wait until Christmas to "get" my dishes. But then I spilled a mountain of packaging peanuts all over my floor. What a mess to clean up!!! So I called and told my (crazy) mommy that I should be able to use my dishes before Christmas for all my pain and suffering. She agreed.

I love my mom!



The boxes....
and the peanuts
(before they all spilled)

The old mismatched dishes....


The shiny, new, RED dishes. So pretty!



2 comments:

jenifer said...

that's so funny. totally something that my mom would do!! LOVE the red!! and, they're PERFECT for christmas, valentines and 4th of july... cute, cute.

Law Family said...

I love your new dishes! I am happy for you! Tell your mom she is cute!

Blog Archive