Saturday, December 18, 2010

Oklahoma City Memorial

Andrew flew in last night, so today we went into Oklahoma City to the memorial of the April 19, 1995 bombing of the Federal Building.   Braden was 9 days old and I remember watching the news as this happened, but after moving here and hearing people talk of the tragedy I wanted to learn more.

168 people died, 19 were children (there was a daycare in the building).  Over 700 were injured.  It took weeks to identify all the dead.  The tragedy and heroism were both so overwhelming that I was deeply touched throughout the museum and memorial.

The quote on the wall is beautiful.
as are my children.


Please take a flower
to remind you that beauty still
exists in our world. 





There is a beautiful reflecting pool
and 168 empty chairs...
all with Christmas wreaths.




 This tree survived the bombing.
amazing.

any body know how I can photo-shop Kayla in?

No comments:

Blog Archive