Thursday, November 13, 2008

Hello. My name is Bliss and I'm a Fabriholic....

I keep telling my quilting friends that a fabric problem is better than drugs. Maybe not cheaper, but definitely better. I have loved fabric since I was about 10 years old and my mom taught me how to sew... my first project was a beanbag in the shape of a frog and then I started making clothes. I always knew I wanted to quilt, I just thought I would be old when I started. That was before I met my friend Grey, who is a wonderful quilter and teacher! So... for the past four years, I've been a quilting maniac!

And my fabulous mother recently found an estate sale of another fabriholic (may she rest in peace) and horded boxes of fabric for me. That's really the only reason I wanted her to meet us in UT when Kayla went into the MTC. FOR THE FABRIC! Ok... it was also nice to be with my mother for a few days. And since we are on a spending freeze in our house - I can be happy for some time now :) with my stash.



What's wrong with getting rid of a few kids? I just take over their space! These are the cubbys that used to separate Braden & Shea's rooms. Now I keep my lovely fabric there. The denim quilt on the night stand was one of my first ventures into quilting.



I am an entrepreneur by nature and earlier this year (when the mortgage industry started going in the toilet) I thought I wanted to be a quilt designer. That was until I found out how little they made and how time-intensive it would be. But this is one of the quilts I designed.... "God Bless America" It has all the words to the song appliqued or embroidered in the quilt.


This was a fun quilt I recently did... "Lost Socks" You can't see it, but I've embroidered all of our names next to different socks.

This quilt hangs in the back guest/fabric room. It is one of my favorites... and probably took the longest. It has such fun prints and patterns in it. These are just a sample of the quilts I've done. I estimate that I've made over 2oo quilts. It's definitely an obsession!

So there you have it... now I need to go sew.

3 comments:

Susan said...

Anytime you want to get rid of fabric you can send it my way.......I am always willing to help you with your addiction! : )

Grandma Zee said...

Bliss....ann and I just looked at your quilts....I love the sock one. I am on chris' lap top and I love it...so now I need to save for a new computer....my is getting old.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you sewed so much. My sister and I started about 2 years ago, well just when I moved to amarillo. I enjoy it but I'm still working on a quilt from a year ago. I guess it's not my time with little one's in the house

Blog Archive