Monday, November 24, 2008

Sawyer family tailgate party that doomed the Red Raiders

We decided to have our own "family tailgate party" on Saturday for the Tech/OU game. Tech WAS 10-0. Undefeated. So we went to the store and let the kids pick out the party food... I had it all planned, I was going to take pictures of our whole family wearing red and black supporting the winning team. A real fun family time.


But then the game happened and Tech pretty much STUNK from the beginning. The kids never did get into it and I decided to do something more productive (like read a book) than watch Robert yell at the TV. At the 3rd quarter (and many more OU touchdowns) Robert went and took down the Tech flag from our front yard. Yes - it really was that bad.


So no, I did not take any pictures after the initial food excitement wore off. But hey - it was fun thinking it was going to be fun :)


2 comments:

The Boyles said...

Hey at least Robert didn't burn the flag in the front yard! :)
It was a bit depressing to have to watch BYU lose to Utah only to follow that with the Tech loss. Not a good football weekend.

Anonymous said...

interesting assortment of food!

Blog Archive