Monday, November 24, 2008

Letter from Kayla

Here is an excerpt from Kayla's email today:

I have 2 companions. Sister Barlow and Sister Yura. Sister Barlow is from Utah and she is my trainer. She goes home in February. Sister Yura is from Mongolia and has been the field for 2 months. We live in the home of some of the members, the Spaders. They are an older couple. The church is trying to get as many missionaries in member homes as possible, they sign a 9 month contract. It's pretty amazing. I'm pretty much spoiled, I love it :).

I absolutely love that sister Yura is from mongolia. She just started learning english at the mtc, i'm pretty sure, and she as a very strong accent. One example I can give you is this....We were talking about music and she said, "you know this song? Too late to lopogize" Yes, she was trying to sing, It's too late to apologize" I love it! So, I love learning languages, just random words here and there from lots of different languages, so I asked her to teach me some in mongolian. I don't know the symbols, but to say 'Ilove you' it sounds like this....'Bi chum heartse' So she taught me another phrase....'Bi emmer tychango' and she told me that this meant, I am cool. So we are teaching a mongolian and I wanted to show off and say this phrase to him, so I did. It wasn't until yesterday that sister Yura told me what this phrase really means....basically I told our investigator that I am a very seductive woman. Ya, I'm never trusting sister Yura again :)

I am planning on printing pictures today and sending them to you.

Oh my goodness I absolutely LOVE Washington!!! It is SO beautiful here! There are so many trees, and flowers, and it is so green everywhere! It's only rained a few times and it's really not that bad, yet :). We are by the water, some lake, I forgot what it was called, but it is beautiful! I love the water. I think there is a lake called lake sawyer somewhere in our mission, I will find it and take a picture by it.


Missionary work is awesome. I absolutely love it. I feel the spirit all the time. I mean, what could be better than this, serving mankind by sharing this wonderful message about Christ and His love for each and every one of us. I am definitely one of the luckiest people on earth.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a great letter! it sounds like she is doing fabulous! i am also glad that it hasn't rained too much for her...yet. :)

Anonymous said...

hi !! i'm bethany a friend of tammy's. i live in las vegas and i feel like i know the whole sawyer family !! i love your blog and congratulations on kayla on her mission, she will be in our prayers. what a beautiful family you have bliss and i can see why you are so proud. take care ,

beth girard

Blog Archive