Tuesday, July 7, 2009

4th of July

I love the 4th of July in Ketchikan. Here Shea, my mom and Braden are watching as the bag pipers come up the road. The float behind them is one of the class reunions. There was 1969, 1979, 1989 and 1999 in the parade. Where we used to live is just another block up the street.
When I was little, I was in the kiddie parades and then in high school I was on the dance team and we always performed in the parade. A small town parade just has a different feel to it. Shea, of course, now wants to be in the next parade.
We started the day at the booths. Eating Lumpia (a Philipino eggroll) Delicious!! The kids played a few games and Shea had her face painted....
Alaska parades have all kinds of people in them... here is a picture of the forest service group. They were hilarious! Everyone gets into the festivities!
We watched the parade from in front of the Arctic Bar. One of the many, many bars in Ketchikan. A lot of people had their dogs with them - one guy even took his in the bar. I love the sign someone put up behind us.

No comments:

Blog Archive