Yesterday was a beautiful day
(I know... I've said that every day!) My mother is an only child, so I have very little family on her side, but she still has two cousins in
Ketchikan. It was great fun to get together for lunch at the Narrows Restaurant.
(DELICIOUS halibut!) Pictured below is my mom and I with my mom's cousins; Cheri Davis and Cleo Weston. Isn't family great? I love my family!
(Cheri is a quilter, so I love her even more now:)

On the 4
th of July, we went to the 41st annual pie sale at the St. John's Episcopal Church. As we were paying for our pie, I noticed this old guest register in a glass case. The 3rd line down is my grandmother!! July 27, 1952 was about a month after they moved to
Ketchikan. Right under her name is my Aunt Cleo. What a find!!

On the one cloudy day, we went out to the
cemetery to find my grandfather and great-
grandfather's graves. My
grandfather's given name was
Anibale Fornaciari, but changed it to William as an adult
(his mother called him "Bille" which sounded like Billie and was easier for Americans to pronounce.)My great-
grandfather's name is Pietro
Foranaciari, but the headstone is spelled incorrectly.
No comments:
Post a Comment