Sunday, July 19, 2009

Best birthday EVER!

Today is my birthday and this trip has definitely been the best present. Last night Robert and I went to an all-you-can-eat crab dinner and play. The Fish Pirates Daughter is a local play that has been done every summer for the past 43 years. Much fun! I remember seeing it when I was a teenager at the Frontier Saloon. (yes - that is the only time I've been in a saloon. Really.)

We went down to Creek Street to do some shopping and try to see the seals that hang out around the docks. Shea and I saw them the day before, but didn't have the camera. We even saw one catch a fish and another one swimming on it's back. It was a bit rainy, so I guess the seals were hiding in the pilings under the buildings.
For my birthday, I told the kids I wanted to go on a hike and guess what?? The sun came out!! So we took them over to Lunchcreek trail. Fun! (all except the part where braden slipped on the some wet wood and landed HARD on his bum)
I love my sister. I love my brother. Quit choking me. Quit poking me. This is the best trip EVER!

Isn't this picture beautiful??!!

Shea and I kept stopping to pick blueberries (to go with my angel food cake and whipped cream party we had today)

2 comments:

Law Family said...

I miss being there with you! The green is just so unbelieveable! And I was relaxed the whole time and felt good. This heat at home is killing me! Thanks again for letting me come visit. It was a wonderful break!

Anonymous said...

Bliss it looks like the best vacation ever. I am so jealous. I can't wait to get up there. Was the zip line worth it? I am so glad you were able to do this. Talk to you soon Love Kristi

Blog Archive